Monday, February 8, 2010

Taiwan Ginger Duck

Once I reach Taichung, the very first thing to do is to find some good foods to eat. After walking a while around Fengjia (逢甲), attract me was a signboard with "Ginger Duck" word. 帝王食補 KING DUCK located nearby Fengjia night market 逢甲夜市 in Taichung, Taiwan. Oh my, can you imagine how good it is, to have a hot soup in a cold weather is. I never try ginger duck before but had heard lots from friends and from Taiwan drama series.

  DSC01460

DSC01450

Set Meal

DSC01451 

DSC01453

Ginger Duck

The set meal cost NT168 per set, which included a ginger duck soup, vegetables set, mee suah noodles (面线) and a cup of juice. It serves in a small steamboat bowl and the most important ingredient, of course is the ginger itself.

I like this ginger duck; it has strong ginger smell and taste good, but is better not to cook it too long, as the taste change to a bit bitter at the bottom. After having this ginger duck, I feel much warm and had stopped running nose. The mee suah noodles (面线) with sesame oil had stimulated my appetite.

DSC01455

Ginseng chicken soup

Ginseng chicken soup is quite a big bowl that can serve 4 persons. Soup is a lot, but the ingredients, I mean the chicken is not many. Maybe the bowl is too big, or this is only the starter for them.

My hubby like this chicken soup more, but I do prefer the ginger duck. It much suit my appetite.

---------------------------------------------------------------

帝王食補 KING DUCK

04-27086967
(逢甲店) 台中市西屯區逢甲路173號

http://www.tain.com.tw

National Geographic Traveler: Taiwan 2nd Edition The Rough Guide to Taiwan 1 (Rough Guide Travel Guides)

No comments:

Post a Comment