Monday, March 1, 2010

Double Star Restaurant

4-star2
I have been there for few times, and I do like this restaurant not just because of the tasty of the foods, but also the warm atmosphere. The first impression on this restaurant is a restaurant that quite similar as those young café restaurants KL which I miss so much in Miri.
The decoration of this restaurant is simple but comfortable. What I mean for the warm atmosphere? Is because of the warm smile and politeness of the waitress; they would not show impatience when I keep flip over the menu but still do not know what to order, but will recommend some choices for me and even walk towards and turn their menu board to my seat, just to let me see clearly what are their today’s special. It has variety of foods: from Chinese chicken rice, to Western style toast and even Thai's Tomyam soup noodle. One more thing, they charge at a reasonable price, a price which I consider as cheap in a café restaurant.
dsc02102
This time, we had ordered two rice meals for our dinner: Spareribs with bitter gourd rice and Fish steak rice.  For drinks, we had ordered Grassjelly and a cup of hot green tea. The grassjelly was too icy, too much ice in it.
dsc02094
Spareribs with Bitter Gourd
dsc02093
Spareribs with Bitter Gourd served with rice and soup

 















My favourite --- Beef with Egg Rice ~YUMMY~

dsc02099 

















Fish Steak with Rice
DSC00705
Extra order: Steam Salmon with tofu (bean curb)
All the meals are served with soup, and soup of the day is dehydrated Chinese cabbage (干白菜汤), my favourite.
Everything seems good in Double Star, but one thing to say is maybe they should update or change their menu book because it has started peeling and flaking.
Double Star Cafe & Restaurant
Lot 514,
Ground Floor,
Pelita Commercial Center,
Miri, Sarawak

Disclaimer:
The comments and ratings are based on the particular experience and personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment