Thursday, April 29, 2010

Christmas Trip in Prague (1)

 
During the time in the UK, besides studying, occasionally I do like to travel and eating around with friends.   One year in December, I with three of my friends departing from the Newcastle, United Kingdom fly all the way to Prague. I feel very excited. My only impression to Prague was one of the Jolin's song: 布拉格廣場(Prague Square), and I was much looking forward to experience the "Prague square". 

Prague is the capital and largest city of Czech Republic, located at the center of Europe. It has about 10,28 million of population.

We wake up at 7am to prepare ourselves, and the plane took off at 9.45am. We reached there about 1 pm. This is my first time I stay in Western country's hotel --RottHotel, located at the center of the city, quite convenient indeed. Hotel room is very tidy, simple but clean. One thing to mention there is no kettle in the room, and no preparation of mineral water. It was kind of strange, because usually hotels do have a kettle, plus some tea bags, coffee, and mineral water to the guests.

As we had arrived at the hotel, but since my friends feel tired, would like to get some rest before going around, so I thought wanted to make myself a cup of noodles (cup noodle, which I brought from home). No kettle, what should we do? Then I went to the hotel's restaurant, and request some hot water from the waiter.  The waiter looks a bit puzzled, took a coffee cup fill in some hot water from the coffee machine.  

After some rest, we started walk around at nearby. Local residents are not fluent in English, so there will be a little difficult in communication. Fortunately we found many Asian tourists. However, in order to draw customers' attentions, some of the hotels, restaurants and specially those stalls and shops' staff speak some simple English and Chinese, I even heard someone greet me in Japanese! We had our dinner in the U Stare Pani Hotel restaurant.
As we had walk whole day, we feel a little thirsty, so we thought to order glasses of water. When the waiter heard it, he looked puzzled, and had double confirmed our orders. After a while, the waiter serve us glasses of water with a small plate under the it, one the plate there is two small bag of sugar. I was wondering, and smile.

Actually, I guess because of the cold weather, the local people drink wine to keep themselves warm, so they seldom drink plain water as us do.

No comments:

Post a Comment